An Abundance of Mercury, really that Bad?

Mercury is a molecule that can really do damage to the human body. Scientists say that in the current world we are exposed to too much Mercury. The main reason is through our seafood. Fish for example fish can contain too much mercury which they receive from chemicals in the water. Another way that we obtain mercury is through household products. Thermometers and light bulbs contain a lot of mercury, and if they break and we breathe it in it can be hazardous to us. Some ways mercury is harmful to us are Disruption of the nervous system, Damage to brain functions, DNA damage and chromosomal damage, Allergic reactions, resulting in skin rashes, tiredness and headaches, Negative reproductive effects such as sperm damage, birth defects and miscarriages. Mercury is a big health changer.

Alex Salgado

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s